so its May 31st already.. May is practically over, where did that go then? I have no idea, seems like only yesterday I was saying wow April is finished.. but then I say that after every month lol :) yeh sorry, you do get used to me, so Ive been told. So I think im going to start doing a look back tag and look back at the previous month and what I have achieved / been through in that month, this will obviously be the first one so here goes:
no Quran learnt :(
no duaas learnt :( insha'allah soon once I get my computer back
did update my islamic blog alhamdulillah
Peace and salams,
Ammena
- I started these 12 hour shifts May 5th, which so far hasnt been too bad alhamdulillah.
- One of my bestest friends moved to UK :(
- I was tested and passed my restricted firearms exam alhamdulillah, now Im just waiting for the pieces of paper. Can you imagine? a firearms license with a hijabi on :) heehee, it will also be my first official document in hijab which Im nervous about seeing (my uk driving license expires in dec, so that will prob be my second piece)
- We had a long long weekend, which meant 4 days off for me. I havent had one of those in a long time without having to take holidays.
- I had a dentist appointment, which also reminds me I have to made an appointment for my physical at the doctors soon.
- i turned 27, which sounds so old to me and I worry because I totally feel like Im still 22.. I still rush around like Im 22 and act like Im 22, do I really need to grow up? Answers on a postcard to: PO box 25843 heehee. THERE!!! see what I mean, and Im sure the ppl who know me closer can vouch for that also.. have I changed in the years we have known each other??
- my uncle died :( and my friends dad died :( Inna Lillah wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon. Indeed we belong to Allah and indeed to Him is ultimate return I decided not to go home for the funeral
- I finished 3 pieces of stitching alhamdulilah.. so far 1 has been given to its new owner and Im currently in the process of 2 more.
no Quran learnt :(
no duaas learnt :( insha'allah soon once I get my computer back
did update my islamic blog alhamdulillah
Peace and salams,
Ammena
you are simply too young to be 27!!!
ReplyDeleteYou naughty girl. Who said you need a computer to learn qu'ran?
I totally understand what you mean though..Ines
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteMashallah, what a lot you've achieved in one month. My list would be VERY short!!!
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteBusy month eh masha'Allah?!
"I still rush around like Im 22 and act like Im 22, do I really need to grow up?"
Errrrm, well I sincerely hope not since I just 35 (shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone!) and still feel like I'm 18 but maybe act like I'm 12!
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteMy list would be very short, too. In fact, this is how it would read:
Got one month older
Got one month tired-er
:)
Age is just a number. You can feel any age you like. You're holding down a job, paying off your bills, and responsible in general. So, what else could anyone expect of you? You're a competent adult, here's your certificate, now go have some fun when you've got the free time! (Especially because some of this will change when you're married and particularly if/when you become a parent. All of a sudden you've got very little "me" time.)