So Im sure many of you have already heard the news about the 7 year old child who was starved to death by her parents. I just came across another blog through a link that stated in its post 'This is a tragic story, but sadly part of the madness of the salafi cult that nutures naive new muslims and newly practising muslims to hate their muslim brothers, to treat sins lightly and IGNORE responsibility' I dont really partake to any particular madhab (im still researching into that) but I know a little about each of them and I never came across the idea that in salafism you starve your children, astagfrillah... Does anyone have any more recent news about this event? here is another link and I would just like to point out a few comments in the article
'The father said: 'The children didn't seem to like wearing the Muslim head wear. I think that's why the children started having problems at the school - they weren't happy being forced into the Muslim religion' Why were they being forced to do this?? and whats muslim head gear? :) at aged 7?? surely not!! (just to point out.. the father isnt her partner)
''I think the family converted to Islam about two years ago but the children should not have been forced to wear religious clothing at school. It is a multicultural school but has a high Muslim contingent.' ' hmm.. makes you wonder doesnt it?? Sometimes I worry about being a muslim in UK.. things seem so much more open and unafraid over here, I also wonder if Canada will go the same way as the UK years down the line. Allahu alim
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteInna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon. Very tragic subhan Allah. :(
I don't see what salafism or Islam have to do with the starvation and neglect of the child though. Yes, the children were withdrawn from school due to the mother's misgivings about a non-Islamic environment but the reported neglect that followed has nothing to do with their 'beliefs' or Islam. Looks like a clear cut case of neglect just like you find in other communities. :(
salaams sis, this girl that passed away doesn't live that far from myself, but i havn't heard of this salafi starving bussiness, when i heard the details where unclear it was reported that she two adults were arrested for neglecting the child and that was it. can you let me know where you read the report from?
ReplyDeletejazakAllah khayr
actually i've just realised you have used hyperlink sorry lol i'm glad you approve of the comments before you publish, stops me from looking so silly!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sad story and along with the bombings in Exeter gives Muslim a very bad press!
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI saw the same blog as you. I don't understand what their religion has to do with the child abuse. I only read one news article on it, so perhaps that is why I don't understand. Did the mother starve them for some religious reason? Or simply because she's a a-hole? If it's the latter, than her religion shouldn't play a huge factor in the news coverage (beyond the reason the mother gave for yanking them out of school.) But seriously, even if the mother uses religion as an excuse, it's still choice number two: she's an a-hole.
I can't stand child abuse.
I think there was failiure here on many levels ..it's difficult to know here what is truth and what is media hype..it's worrying none the less especially for those of us who home school our kids in the U.K and there will now be pressure on other muslim families who have withdrawn their children from the school system...I dont know what to think about the whole issue...until more facts come to light it will be hard to say...may allah bless the little sweetheart with jannat-al-firdaus ameen
ReplyDeleteAssalam-alaikam,
ReplyDeleteI felt ill when this came out in all the papers here recently. I wondered what kind of Islam this family was practising when the child gets removed from school and neglected and starved. None that I receognise.
A clear case of neglect as umm ibrahim said and yes, there is far too much bad press about Islam and muslim people. It is sad really.... I believe this is why so many people have trouble telling families etc aout converting etc....
ReplyDeleteSorry, going off the subject here...
Xx