Can you believe this?? I wonder if this will cause a fuss in UK, it will make me smile if it does because this is something a non muslim thought up
The Association of Chief Police Officers came up with the suggestion toand also something that an imam has said isnt necessary
increase respect for cultural sensitivities as it draws up new guidelines on the
use of police dogs
Leading British imam Ibrahim Mogra said making sniffer dogs cover theirBefore I even got down to the last part of the article I was thinking the same thing. Why are muslims constantly getting the blame for changes to laws when it is usually non muslims who change the law to not offend us, why dont they just ask us if we would be offended instead of assuming and causing more segregation within the country. Subhanallah
feet would not be necessary. He said: "In Islamic law the dog is not regarded as
impure, only its saliva is. Most Islamic schools of law agree on that.
Assalam alaikum
ReplyDeleteI think they 'tried' to do the right thing but as with all things they didn't bother to actually ask any Muslims what was offensive about dogs and just assumed it was their feet...lol (sorry just have to laugh about that!) Once again Muslims are put in a 'bad' light (sigh...get so sick of these things...there must be 'good' news stories with Muslims in it - ok that's my research for today) At least at the end there is the Imam saying that it is not the feet, and that if its necessary then dogs will be allowed to go in.
hmmmm.. I was just thinking.. my expereince with dogs is that they wash their feet and body with their saliva....and if the muslim family prays in their house.. then...kinda is offensive,,non? I personally would not let a dog in my house.... cause then I would have to clean everything in order to pray.
ReplyDeleteI just think positively about this article.... cause at least they are trying to respect Mulims, Al hamdullilah