.... I applied for a whole load of jobs in UK today, Im really worried that I wont get a job over there which will make my mum worry more and pick at me all the more about going back to Canada. Allahu alim. Apparently her worry is that Im going back in the middle of the recession and I wont get a job there and be even further back financial wise than I am now. I talked to her tonight, she had her swearing in ceremony today so shes now officially canadian :) so now she can cross the border to USA and get her own alcohol ;) Anyways, not to digress.... she had this big thing tonight about telling me her concerns and when I just listened and said yes mum she went all 'oh, do what you want!' At another point she said to me 'Im not saying stay here and do that' (look for a job in the government here.. well thats good, cause Im not. I did tell me boss today that I was leaving, I almost felt guilty, has anyone else felt like that? it was weird.. he told me they would be flexible with my leaving date, whether I needed to go earlier or decided to go later masha'allah.. he asked my reasons and I told him enough things to make him not think it was the company (which it isnt) and I told my mum all this and she said, 'thats nice, so you could stay there if you changed your mind' I agreed, cause Im sure they would be fine, then in the next breath she said 'but youre not going to are you' and I agreed again. Sometimes I think, yes shes accepting it.. and then sometimes I want to shake her and make her realise, its such an emotional roller coaster and its wearing me out :( Later in the conversation she even joked about how I would probably do what I did when I came over here.. spent 3 weeks dossing around then got a job straight away :) insha'allah.
Today I also phoned up WSIB to see how things were going with my claim, at first she told me that the file was waiting with the nurse and I asked how long it would take. She said that the nurse might be busy or waiting for more information and was about to put the phone down on me when I burst out.. information from who? me?... no, I was told.. the doctor, but it could be that shes busy... Translation: she isnt waiting for anything, shes not busy, shes just waiting to see how long it would take for you to phone in! damn people!!! I dont know how much Im going to get with this.. Im totally grateful alhamdulillah that things werent worse and Im thinking maybe a few hundred dollars but then in the back of my mind Im thinking how cool it would be if I got a ton more ;) Allahu alim.
Ive been looking at flights.. $427 one way for November 2nd.. if I take that flight Im even thinking to take my snowboard back to check out the fake slopes and for some reason Ive got this brilliant idea about going boarding in Scotland :D insha'allah.. the airline says they give you 1 free piece of equipment (obviously has limitations) but includes snowboards :D and as I dont think I will be back in Canada this winter I thought it would be good to have in UK even if I dont use it often... will be more often than if it was here :D Watch out slopes!! heehee.. Im actually getting excited for winter, first time in years!
Anyways, its time for isha and sleep :)
Peace and salams, Ammena
Aslamu alakum Ameena
ReplyDeleteYou are in my duas where it matters most ukti. You seem focused. I wish you all the best as you head to start your beginings. Rememeber its all Qadr .
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteArgh... your mum sounds too much like mine! Even at my age, married for 15 years, 5 kids my mum still thinks she knows best!
Salaams,
ReplyDeleteWho said life was easy...!!! You know your mother just cares about you. Do istikhara sis and put your trust in Allah. May Allah give you succes with your move to the UK.Ameen. Ines
Salam
ReplyDeleteThings are falling into place and I know its difficult with your mum but I think she is 'accepting' of your move but it is a bit hard on her (she's going to always try to make you stay)
Job stuff - I can understand about feeling guilty but you always have to do what's best for you!
Inshallah all will work out !!
I hope everythin turns out well for u insha'allah.and have fun if u go snowboarding!
ReplyDeleteeveryone has already said it....you're in the dua's definately sis...I think ALL mums sound the same lately..discounting me and any other yummy mummy's that might be hanging here ;)
ReplyDeletei wouldnt get your hopes up too much about boarding in scotland - global warming has put paid to that! but there is a fake slope in Edinburgh if the snows never return.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about finding a job here. You might not get a great one straight away but you will get one - more spare jobs in the UK than there are people, apparently
good luck
I'd have to agree, who said life was easy eh. I'm sure it must be hard for you to tell your my about your h2b, but it is obviously effecting you by you not telling her, so try and bite the bullet as they say and tell her. It will be a weight off your shoulders, whether she accepts it or not hun.
ReplyDelete