11 August 2008

Weekend

So my weekend all started after a rest at my place to jummah on friday afternoon. Alhamdulillah, I havent been for so long and it felt so right to be there that day, I dont know why but it felt different but in a nice way. After jummah I went home for a bit and did nothing, as usual ;) was still resting from the trip to michigan masha'allah, then around 6pm I left my place to meet my friends near where I used to live for a little leaving party. I turned up early so I decided to put some money into my bank account, then on my way back I bumped into a good friend of mine who was actually coming too (I was unsure if she was attending previously) so we went to hers, she got changed and we drove over. Once we arrived at the place she gave me a little present (loose top, hijabs and a bag) and we chatted outside until another friend came out to try and stall us for some reason.. I truly had no idea what was going on.. but eventually we went inside after a little trip in the trolley (see facebook pics) I was excited to see some really truly good friends there alhamdulillah... remember I was nervous to see who would be there, I had expected there to be noone but I truly wished that some girls would surprise me and make it a bigger thing.. well I suppose I was right both ways.. there were more girls I would have liked to have seen there, but also there were some girls there that I hadnt expected to see.. so masha'allah it was really nice. Anyways, turns out they were actually giving me a pre wedding party, not a pre leaving party which was totally unexpected but soo nice (so now my uk buds have to do the same :) London here we come insha'allah) Anyways, we ordered food.. ate some, played a little and chatted alot, there was lots to catch up on.. some girls I hadnt seen in sooo long so was good to be able to chit chat with them alhamdulilah. Of course, plenty of questions about bro A and plans.. plans? I dont even know when im flying home!! heehee... They had all made a memory book for me and made the theme of things that a good marriage needs :) lots of fun there and nice to see how everyone had made efforts in making things for me masha'allah. Will always remember my special evening with these ladies :D To finish the evening some of us went for second cup... neshee.. I missed you there :( it was just the right ending to the evening :) Thanks Naila, may Allah (swt) reward you for your efforts with the ummah. Cant wait to see your pics from the evening insha'allah
I stayed at a friends house that evening and the next day we went to muslimfest :) was fun.. the weather was really bad and ended up with us going home earlier :( sucky.. but was fun. I met up with a friend who couldnt make it the evening before and met up with a sister who I know through a friend and through facebook.. so was good to finally meet her alhamdulillah. I bought Sofia Baigs spoken word cd masha'allah, talented sister, met a few other sisters masha'allah and picked up some shirts for eyeserene :) insha'allah she likes them.
Anyways, Ive been off for 7 days and now its back to work tomorrow.. Im intending on giving my notice in tomorrow.. so remember me in your duaa girls :D shukran. On another note.. bro A flew to Algeria today.. he phoned me briefly before flying (at 8am!!!) and I havent heard from him.. I pray he is ok and just too wrapped up in his mum, insha'allah I will hear from him soon though.
Peace and salams, Ammena

5 comments:

  1. salam alaikum sis

    mashallah thats so sweet sis, what great friends you have and you must have had a great weekend alhumdulillah.

    cant wait to see some pics of the your nikkah when you do it inshallah.

    wa salam
    khadijah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam
    Glad to hear you had a nice and relaxing weekend !!

    Inshallah all goes well with work today for you!

    I'm sure all is well and he is just tied up with things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam aleikum....
    well like I said. you deserve it and I am so happy that your friends came through and made this time special for you.
    May Allahy bless you with much more happiness and Imaan and everything good !!
    Amine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sallam,

    You met Sophia? she has a CD? O mi goodness, where have I been. I get more good news from the blogosphere that I would have all together missed.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed