17 August 2008

Regrets and future travel :)

Something someone said the other day made me think about my life in a different view though, I mean I dont have anything that I would change that I think would give me an easier life at the moment but there are a few things that I wish I had done. Not because it would make me a better person, but because I feel I missed out on that side of things and they are things that I would like to do now.. maybe there is reasons for me not doing them when I 'should have' well of course there are reasons.. but I just wanted to let it out and see if anyone else has anything they wish they had done when they were younger.
  • I wish I had seriously looked into religion more when I started to, maybe it would mean I wouldnt have converted any earlier than I did (I was 22) but I would have been more aware and respected myself more
  • I wonder how my life would have been if I had done my A levels (aged 16-18) on subjects that I enjoyed rather than based towards a certain career (I did chem, phys & bio, I enjoyed them all... but they were all for my forensics degree, I wanted to do french, graphics and something random)
  • I regret not taking an offical year out to go travelling after my degree, yes I came to Canada and 3 weeks later I was working :( I miss the time that I could have had just seeing the world (I just came across this link thats why Im feeling a little low.
  • I regret not being as open with my family as I thought I once was
I pray that insha'allah when Im married I can still see the countries I want to, we have things to save up for.. but I would so like to see the rest of the world first (saving list: pay off student loan, go for hajj, save for land & house abroad - while saving for the land & house Im hoping we can dip and spend on travels too)
Places I want to see... I need to see....

1. Italy! I have always wanted to go there, there is soo much history and architecture it almost gives me goosebumps thinking about it.
2. New Zealand, my grandparents went there a few years ago and loved it so I would like to check it out for a few weeks to take in
3. Malaysia, Ive heard so much about this place and its muslim community that I want to see it for myself. Would also like to have a little tour of the islands around it insha'allah
4. Morocco, I have a good friend there and h2b says that we can visit her on a trip to Algeria insha'allah :) so looking forward to that.
5. Egypt, I have a good friend there who has been like a mother to me. Again, h2b suggested a drive from Algeria to Egypt stopping in Libya & Tunsia on the way over insha'allah.. maybe that can be the 'honeymoon' would love to do that, although I worry that it wouldnt be long enough :D Allahu alim
6. Mexico, I would like to check this place out.. although not the tourist area and I wonder how safe it is outside of that (you hear stories dont you, but you never know until you get there!)
7. Dubai ;P insha'allah

There are also places I would like to revisit with the hubster to show him things I have seen and also to see them from a different perspective insha'allah.
1. Turkey, insha'allah my good friend here in canada may be going back to teach and I mentioned it to him that we should go and visit her, his answer? 'dont see why not' so insha'allah will have to see her plans first :)
2. Spain.... the muslim areas with all the massive gorgeous tile work on the old mosques. Would also like to visit the area I used to spend many summer holidays at with my grandparents
3. Vancouver :D This place is truly amazing and I would love to take him to see my most recent travelling experiences insha'allah. I was just looking on the link I mentioned above and it talked about the VIA train from Toronto to Vancouver, I remember looking at this awhile ago.. its expensive but maybe not so much coming with GBP insha'allah.
Insha'allah we will all get to travel this green earth that Allah has given us to realise and ponder over his creations and the beauty of his work. Ameen

6 comments:

  1. hmmm..man ..I had to start posting my regrets..it would be a very very long blog :P
    al hamdulilah you feel grateful for the blessings u have. Really you are blessed more than anyone I know..and reason of this is because u have true sincere intentions, masha'allah.

    Anyway the only use in regrets is to strive for better, Incha'allah. But.. U know.. life just happens and things change. I think you have to know the reality of this and accpet it or you will be disappointed.

    You really should be so proud of who you are and what you have achieved.

    But as for the Future...Incha'allah all ur dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaams! I wish I hadn't done alot of stuff in life...and then there are some things which I wish i had done!

    But whatever happens is for good. There is wisdom in what Allah does. Maybe it wasn't good for you. Human understanding is very limited. Allah knows Best.

    Insha'Allah khair.
    Make dua'a for everything you want out of life. Allah is All-Hearing.

    MAy Allah reward you with good, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaAllah Ameena you have done well from what i have seen, in my book no room for regrets or 'if' as these are the shatans tool to make you feel blue. All is qadr therefore we don't reget sisters alhamduilah kulli halyin is what we say when we feel regret. Life is full of miss opurtunities for all but maybe they just were not destined for you as there mayhave been bad in it for you althought we dont see it at the time but Allah know best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about regrets... these things are in the past, you learn from them and then move on!! Focus on the future, Inshallah you will get to see all those places! Focus on the 'new' things you want to see and do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalaamu alaikum,

    I second what Anisah said sis! (Well and the others too ;) )

    I understand what you mean about regretting not being open enough with your family - same here - but as the others have said, rather than dwelling on that you should try to move forward and START being more open with them. (Lesson to self here also ;) )

    I wish I had been able to travel more before I had kids. I was planning the big Eurorail or whatever it was called travel of Europe right after A-levels but then the war in Yugoslavia broke which scuppered a lot of our plans so we never bothered at all hoping the following year would be better. Well I did get to visit Palestine with a different group of friends the following year and shortly after got married and within 2.5 years had dd1 so that was the end of that!

    I also would like to go to Malaysia, this was the plan last summer but bad organisation meant we ended going to Algeria instead. Am hoping we'll have enough time while we are still in KSA to visit Oman and Yemen, well at LEAST Oman insha'Allah. Would also lke to visit M'sia, Egypt and so many other countries appeal but with kids...? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I agree with the others about regrets....

    I love your to visit list!!! I'd scratch Mexico (lived across the border in Tucson my whole life i know the mexican culture pretty well), Dubai cause been there done that and it's cool to see but i dunno it seems jsut like any other citynow, full of tall buildings and all, and Egypt. I wanted to se it long ago but since i became muslim i'd rather see more imporessive mosques than idol worshipping places liek pharohs tombs and such.

    I'm totally with you on the rest! LOVE LOVE LOVE italy! hehehe i gotta run but i lvoe them all :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed