29 August 2008

Resignation notice

Yup, it officially became official today after my boss sent out the notice to the whole of the company. Phew, it was hard.. I wasnt expecting the response I got from people, all good obviously saying they would miss me, asking why I was going all the usual questions. I got a thank you from a big boss for giving so much notice in, so Im glad I did that, everyone understood where I was coming from when I said I needed to use the degree I was in debt for! lol... Its been a nice day, and here are some comments I got

How sad for us. Although I don’t see you much I love your sense of humour. I
wish you all the best.
I’m very happy to see that you have new plans and you’re going back home. I will
always remember when I met you first time and I asked you from which country you
were, I was surprised to hear UK because I wanted to hear the name of an exotic
country. I’m still laughing about my awkwardness! Take care about you, you doing
a good job!! All the best in you new projects

These were emails, and I also got a nice comment from someone who used to work on the afternoon shift with me, but now we are on opposite contintental shifts so I dont see her much. However today she has swapped with a girl who went on emergency MAT leave on tuesday. So we were just chatting about it and she said she would miss me being around, that Im a breath of fresh air and fun to chat to, so I just said, well I will be visiting... you know what she said? well even if you dont, it was God's blessing to have met you in the first place... subhanallah :) you never know how much you truly touch someone until you are faced with the prospect of splitting up. I nearly cried :) ok.. well not that much, but it was touching alhamdulillah.
Im just looking around on the net to see when I will insha'allah be starting fasting this year. Looks like committee of North America say the 1st, although the moon wont actually be spotted then.. think I will phone the masjid and see what their recording says lol... well, Im working this weekend... only got 1 more hour left then Im off home to wait for my friend. We are going to the veggie restaurant and gonna have super girlie chats over food :) insha'allah, will be nice to sit with her and grumble about all things life like its been awhile since Ive done it. Peace and salams, Ammena

3 comments:

  1. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Oh masha'Allah, really nice to be appreciated a receive such nice comments huh?! Alhamdu lillah you have given in your notice then... step 1. :) Did you tell your mum???? Not sure if I missed a post... reaction??

    ReplyDelete
  2. all changes are hard...but masha'allah doesn't it make your heart happy to know that you've made such a positive impact on people...hugs sis, for the road that leads ahead..may allah make it a happy one for you and yours to be ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha'allah...very nice to hear.
    May ALlah bless you with every new step you take Incha'allah.

    HUGS xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed