So this is my blog, this is my life, this is my world, these are my experiences. Feel free to roam, question and learn with me, comment as we go and leave your prejudices at the door please.
12 September 2008
Algerian mosques breeding ground for matchmaking??
Is it right to use a mosque for a matchmaking purpose during taraweeh? esp when some men are looking at the women although saying its ok... isnt there a hadith that says the second look at the opposite sex is from shaitan?? Let me know what you think about the article
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Nice nose, got all your teeth, great, let's get married." LOL Finding a partner the halal way is next to impossible unless you're connected! I can't fault them... The comment someone left there (the only comment, at the time that I read the article) made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteeyes-serene
ps I hate the word verification A LOT.
Salam alaykom !!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your worries about this. I mean you go there topray and get cose to the ummah and God... ( God first of course )
I persoanlly don;t think it should ba a place to check out the opp. sex... However....at the same time, It should be the perfect place to let your intentions known and make the steps to get married , Incha'allah. right?
Again I think it's all in the intentions.
I would hope to feel "safe" at the Masjid though :(
PS. Ditto on the word verification lol
whats the deal with the verification word?? i just looked in the article and it isnt there.. or am i missing something? or am i still not totally functioning?
ReplyDeleteLOL Ammena, the captcha word verification -it's a pain!
ReplyDeleteAssalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteI guess if you are Muslim and the important things in your future spouse are that they pray, conduct themselves correctly, wear islamic dress etc then meeting someone in the mosque in this way would be a more sure way of ticking all you boxes.
Amin says, "They are dressed decently and come with male guardians, and this encourages me to look. Any one of them could be my future wife."
As long as everything is done in an Islamic context what would be the problem. As long as he speaks to the woman's father or brother then alhamdu Lillah. :)
oooh.. i get you lol.. sorry, yeh wasnt fully awake then :P want me to take it off? although, I think if you log in!!! Ms eyeS you might not have to :P
ReplyDeleteawww sorry sis...
ReplyDeleteit's when we put a comment, we have to do a word verification. Remember when I was setting up mine and I mentioned I wasn't gonna put that option? ;)
just makes it easier to comment without doing a word verifcation. Sometiems it doesnt work and we have to try like 3 or 4 times...hehehe
Articles and news from AlArabia are NOT reliable. They very much exaggerate and put all wrong information (this has been proven so many times). But if that article was real, then I don;t think it is a good thing to do..
ReplyDeleteas salam aleykoum
ReplyDeletemaybe it is the reason why the messenger peace be upon him said:
"a woman's prayer in the hall of her house is better than her payer in the mosque and her prayer in her bedroom is better than her prayer in the hall of her house." This hadith means to show that the congregational prayer is not obligatory on women as it is on men. Women are not asked to perform the five daily prayers in the mosques and still, they will have the same rewards if they do them at home
ALLAH OU3LEM
i personaly find such a behaviour strange looking at women while ur are on ur way to masjid and about to introduce yourselve to Alah by performing salat especially during this holly month at least do the hunting during the others month while Jumuah (^_^)
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI have to do the word verification whether I'm logged in or not. Sometimes I have to guess a few times before I get it right. I bet a few times I've wandered away from this page, thinking I've left a comment, but it didn't go through because of the captcha. ;)
eyes-serene
YAY! No more captcha!!! :D
ReplyDeleteeyes-serene :P
It's not right and for men to eye ball women for this purpose is not islamic in this setting allah al must'aan, just coz she wears hijab and goes mosque does not make her the best of wives and a practing muslimah. funilly and sadly some women only adorne the hijab in ramandan and start prayers during this month only to let slip for the rest of the year! When i were in algeria and went masjd for the prayers alhamduillah i never saw this type of behaviour.
ReplyDeleteMany couples meet in a masjid through many reasons. Many have met at community functions at mine and surrounding Masjids. It's something that can't be helped unless there is a complete barrier with no way in or out for either one of them.
ReplyDeleteI don't like how their focus is on just FINDING the future wife or the Future Daughter in law because our Focus should be always on Allah (swt) when we enter the Masjid. But concerning the social issue, who is to say they didn't observe when they were leaving, would have seen or met them while coming to the Masjid? I just think they left this article way to open to interpretation of what they were meaning to say.
But Always in looking for a spouse, Our Hearts need to be first in Check with Allah (swt) and then we seek from Him guidence to find that perfect spouse and then Allah (swt) will provide.