10 September 2008

Rainchecks

now when you talk about this in UK you dont need the check part because there is usually rain, or chance of it.. but I have a new found love for rainchecks here in Canada. This is a totally unrelated Ramadhan post to be warned :) Here, there are many stores who do weekly deals unlike what I see in UK.. although its sometimes annoying that eventhough there are offers for 2, 3, 4 items if u want the 1 its the same price as buying the 2 on sale, like... 2 bottles of coke for $2, but if you buy 1 its $1, they arent deals the supermarkets are trying to get rid of stock. Anyways, I digress, last week I saw that Canadian tire (yes thats tyre to those Brits out there) they were selling an ipod 3-in-1 transmitter for the car for $10 from the usual $30 so I popped along to the store figuring 'well, I have an ipod that will be going back to the UK with me, and I also will be travelling by car in the future (whether my own or someone elses) so why not?!' When I got there they had sold out so, raincheck it was, they give you a slip, take your phone number and allow you to gain the purchase for the sale price when they receive the product in the future which is usually that week. Today after not hearing from them and deciding to venture outside to do things I popped in to the a different location to find they had some in and picked one up :D and I love it!!! I plug it in to my cigarette lighter, flick a switch to find a dead radio station and hey presto.. I wish I had bought it last time I saw the offer I would have used it on my trip to Michigan when I was listening to Islam: a short history by Karen Armstrong masha'allah. Allahu alim, at least now I can listen to stuff properly on my way up to my mums or anywhere else I decide to go. Well worth the money! brilliant investment alhamdulillah.
On other news, yesterday I received my firearms license :D brand spanking new card with hijabi on underneath the title FIREARMS LICENSE / PERMIS D'ARMES A FEU, POSSESSION / ACQUISITION its soo cool and I love it!!
What other news do I have? cant really think of much really... i have learnt the english of surah at-takathur masha'allah so insha'allah I will have it down by the end of the week.. Im working this weekend, so gives me time to catch up on my quran reading (im on the right part - 10- just going slowly) and get that arabic in my head.
Im going to leave it at that for now :) I know I havent blogged recently, with taraweeh, quran reading and generally living its been away from my mind. Im enjoying the time away from it masha'allah but then i still go through life making mental notes to 'blog about that later'
Peace and salams, Ammena

3 comments:

  1. Salaam, Mabrouk on your iPod thingy, sounds like a good gadget and bargain too! And your licensed now - *gulp*!

    Enjoy the rest of your Ramadan... 10 days completed already subhan Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as salam aleykoum sister
    do u hav a personnal email adress, u can email me see my email adress on my profil please jazakALLAH OU KHEIRYAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam alaykom. ya congrats on the toy ;)
    and thanks for reminding me about rainchecks.. I forgot to tell the hubby about this !! he is gonna freak lol
    well.. I know life happens... and happy that you ahve one :) SO al hamdullilah. Bu always know you're missed on always in my mind and prayers.

    Salams.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed