1 September 2008

And it starts

First and fore mostly Ramadhan mubarak to the portion of the ummah who reads my blog :) I pray that this month we keep on top of things, remember our creator and our brothers & sisters around us. I started fasting today, as most of the world probably has alhamdulillah... I woke up eventually to find an email from toronto muslims stating they will start on tuesday as no moon was actually seen last night. So what to do? My masjid started taraweeh prayers last night, so Im going with them... as much as I would love to be fasting from tomorrow because it would mean I can take this bank holiday outside in the gorgeous weather somewhere like Niagara or something. Alas, Allahu alim :) Anyways, I got to the masjid yesterday to find a good car turn out, a below normal male turn out and a good female turn out alhamdulillah. I was too impressed with the recitor, he was very monotonous and just seemed like he wanted to get it done. We finished 8 rakah in about 45/50 mins... it wasnt the speed that he did it with more the tone of his voice. But insha'allah he gains his rewards for the next life and we get to listen to different people during this month.
Insha'allah Im going again tonight, Ive decided that every night I can make it i will... except when Im working the next day. I just spoke with a friend I havent seen in awhile and shes invited me around for iftar before she leaves the country (she told me where shes going, but i cant remember :P) So thats someone to break it with, Nadia wanted me to go to hers tonight to break fast, but I really dont think Ill be driving all that way.. esp if I want to pray too. Ive decided somewhat on where Im going to put some of my zakat insha'allah and Ive picked out a few books from my library to read through now my tv is off :) For now Im off... to get ready for dhuhr, may Allah (swt) listen and accept all the duaas from the ummah and allow us to see through Ramadhan to the next.

6 comments:

  1. Ameen to your du'as. May Allah reward all your efforts too, ameen.
    Salaams, Ines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Ammen sis. :)

    Sounds like you have got off to a good start with Ramadan masha'Alah walhamdu Lillah. How much I would love to be able to attend Taraweeh prayers.. but when you have cheeky little kids... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. assalamu alaykum

    Ramadan Mubarak. May Allah accept your worship, your duaa, and reward you with Jennah, Ameen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Incha'allah I will make it to some taraweeh prayers .

    I dont get how the monotonus recitor did good.. is it easier to pray so many rakats when it's more repetitive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it isnt easier at all. Maybe its easier on his voice, but for me it makes the whole salah seem longer :( and my mind wanders easier

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh ok.. that seems more of a typical reaction. I just wanted to be clear :) since , I'm living though you...I would need a clear view ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed