Anyways, back to the topic of this post... I was called headstrong the other day, now Im not too sure I agree with the characteristic word she used to describe my reaction to a situation we found ourselves in. Come to think of it Im not too sure I agree with the use of the word to describe me at all. Headstrong? me? am I?
The merriam-webster dictionary defines the word as:
1 : not easily restrained : impatient of control, advice, or suggestions headstrong businessman> 2 : directed by ungovernable willNot sure I agree with that.. although surprisingly it isnt what I would have defined the word as. So those of you who think you know me... headstrong? oui ou non?headstrong actions>
I like the following definition better -determined to have one's own way; willful; stubborn; obstinate: a headstrong young man.
ReplyDeleteAnd, do I think you are headstrong? Mmmmmm, let me think...no, not really more a case of knowing what you want.
Anyway who cares? You are lovely the way you are, mashallah. Take care, Ines
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteI would define headstrong as someone who knows what they want, and tries their best to get it - which i think could describe you a little.
Whatever the words we use, we love you just the way you are sis.
Obviously can't comment fully here as we don't know what happened in the situation you and your friend were in and i don't know you personally, just through talking to on the web and reading you for nearly a year. But i would'nt call you head strong, at least that's not the impression i have had so far. I am pretty head strong lol.
ReplyDeleteIf it upset you that she said that.... don't.
salam girls.. thanks for the comments.. just to let you know, it didnt upset me that she said this masha'allah it was meant as a compliment :D Im just curious if i am lol
ReplyDeletei quite often get called headstrong bymy non-muslim family...good thing or bad thing?? well it means you wont take people walking over you...I've had to curb it in terms of my dh..which has been a good learning curve for me..it's taught me how to be a bit more submissive and less stubborn ;)
ReplyDeleteand of course i only associate good things with other headstrong people so if you are..more power to you girlfriend!!
Salam alaykom.. ok Im better late then never right :)
ReplyDeleteI cannot describe you as headstrong at all. In fact I think you are open minded and compromising. Ya sure you know what you want and you are steadfast in achieving your goals..but that is not headstrong in the sense of being obstinate or stubborn..only that you have a very strong head and you are well grounded. That's my opinion anyways ;)