2 September 2008

Month of August

So the month of august has been and gone, we are now into September and Im sitting down now to type out this post. Many of you may be thinking, shouldnt she really be doing something other that being on her computer during this holy month. Well, let me tell you... this is my output!! I have noone really to talk to around here, Ive read part 2 of the quran today and will start on more later insha'allah. So if you feel I should be on here less, well thats between me & my creator :) I feel ok with being on here, I have no tv so why shouldnt I use this tool that has been given to us to vent my life and to research my deen? Allahu alim.
Anyways, back to the topic in hand, what did I get up to last month.
To start with I had an amazing 4 days in Michigan with sis EyeS masha'allah, we had so much fun and Im so glad I went down to see her alhamdulillah *reminds myself to finish off email to her* we spent time just hanging out and talking till dawn, just like the good old days :) and I cant wait for her to come visit me in UK insha'allah
Then when I got back I had my pre leaving party, I think I did blog about it here. It was soo nice to see all my friends there after such a long time, everyone wasnt there but alhamdulillah it was nice to see some people who I didnt think would have turned up. Masha'allah, they all made me feel really special and welcome, I almost thought about staying here in Canada. lol... only joking!! calm down everyone :P Was so good to spend that time away though,
It was in all a very busy first week of August because the day after my party I went to Muslimfest in Mississauga :) Ive been for the past 3 years now and summer just wouldnt be the same without it.. yeh people say its boring, I usually spend on things I dont need (but not this year alhamdulillah) and I get frustrated with havng to coordinate with my friends usually.. but I think Im really going to miss it next year if Im not here. Will see.
The next week miss eyeS came to canada for a surprise visit :) well not a surprise for me, but she hadnt expected too and it was good to spend quite a few hours with her :) we went to MY veggie restaurant, value village and just chilled around :) she made me, yes u heard me.. made me buy a new hijab in value village ($4) it is gorgeous though, ive had issues in the 2 times Ive worn it but I think Ive figured out the problem. Its a square scarf which I usually wear by pinning under my chin then using a straight pin to hold one end on the opposite side of my head and a safety pin to hold the other end on the opposite shoulder.. the one pinned at my head means I have 2 layers of this material over my ear and I have this constant echo and problem with not hearing well :P so next time, it will have to be pinned on the shoulder too :P
I also went out for coffee with a friend :) I havent seen her in awhile, since just after she gave birth a few months ago.. and this time was without both her kids so was nice to just chat. We talked about my plans for the future and I questioned her on her 'next baby' heehee insha'allah.
The Premiership started :) yay.. we lost our first game :( won the next and lost the next.. i pray this isnt an insight of what is to come.. especially since I just heard that Manchester City has been bought by a guy from Dubai!! yes thats where the money is!! So, hes been buying up the players... who would have thought I would have seen Man City win the cup.. what do u think? they in with a chance?
It was my mums bday :) I sent her some flowers to work, and surprised her by taking some time off over my work weekend. It was also the anniversary of my nana's death 1 year ago.
I went for brunch with a girl from my department whos on MAT leave, shes due back mid september... we had fun and ate yummy breakfast grub :P
I had Nadia over for some time and we had major giggles :) heehee.. she makes me feel like a little kid sat on the back of the bus talking about stupid things on the way to school :D and i appreciate her totally for it, alhamdulillah.
That seems to be it really.. I started 2 new sewing projects, one actually for me :P so will post some WIP photos soon insha'allah. I finished my book 'scattered pictures' by Imam Zaid Shakir masha'allah good collection of essays on many global topics.

On an islamic note
I learnt surah al-fil and I have decided to start surah at-Takathur just because there is quite a bit of repitition in it which makes learning easier for me.
no duaas learnt :(
no fasting done :(
Sorted out some books to read over Ramadhan, including my quran masha'allah.

So peeps.. what did u get up to? did we have fun? :) ok, back to my sewing or reading.
Peace and salams, Ammena

5 comments:

  1. masha'allah, I have never met someone as busy as you :)
    May Allah bless you always with this wonderful energy and pure intentions.

    HUGSS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) insha'allah.. ill tell u when the kids arrive insha'allah :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha'allah another full month !!
    lend me some energy please.... ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You busy bee you masha'Allah! You've had a good month masha'Allah. :]

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed