salam everyone,
so im here, in UK finally once again. How did it go? well thats what Im back to tell you. The flight was fine, I was one of the first on and settled into the only slightly bigger than normal leather seat. I was given a glass (yes glass!) of OJ and we waited for the flight to take off, I was on the aisle seat of 3 with 2 old english ladies who wouldnt shut up for practically the whole flight. We were given a drink and a little glass tub of snacky things... then the movie started 'Get Smart' which was ok and makes a change it being something I havent seen. They came around to give people opinions for their evening meals and stopped by me with the question 'did you ask for a vegetarian meal?' I got a starter of leaves (spinach & lettuce) tomato & cucumber with a balsamic dressing and a bread roll then for main course (in a ceramic dish may I add!) a pasta dish with tomato sauce and roasted peppers. Was nice, yummy. I watched the end of the film, pulled my hood over my eyes and slept until we were just desending into Manchester.
I got off the plane eventually after waiting about 15 minutes because the ground staff had pulled the plane too far forward to be connected to the airport via the walkway. When I got to the carasel I noticed my bags already going around which was good to see, I picked them up and waited for my snowboard. After about 30 minutes I was getting impatient and wondered if it had been pulled off by the guy working near the entrance, I noticed someone walking away with a pram so the idea could be right, there was just lots of people in the way. I moved the trolley as far as I could and noticed the bag on the floor straight away especially as a girl picked it up with a questioning look on her face. I asked someone to keep an eye on my trolley and ran for my bag, then made my way to the main doors with some woman holding the end of my bag thinking she was helping me but was making it more difficult to get around.
So I sat outside and phoned my auntie to tell her I had picked up my bags and waited for about an hour before she turned up with my dad. We loaded the bags into the car and set off for home. And thats where I am now :) I spoke to a few family members and some friends, been to Asda a few times for mainly food and a new mobile, and bought a new power connection for my laptop just now. Im looking for train tickets to go down to London a week on monday or tuesday insha'allah found one for 13 quid.. just waiting to hear if its a good deal or not.
Well, its nearly 8pm and I do want to stay on to see if I catch any friends in Canada (aalya & anisah look out for me) so far everything is fine here, Im able to pray in relatively more peace than at my mums. I spoke with her yesterday which ended in tears (hers not mine) while saying goodbye but shes ok alhamdulillah. Take care
Peace and salams, Ammena
Assalaamu Alaykum,
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking of you over the last few days! Alhamdulillah 'ala salaama. Alhamdulillah you arrived safely and are already Asda shopping, which is a good sign of trying to get settled IMO ;)
I'm praying that everything goes well for you sis!
*hugs*
Alhamdulilah u reached safe and sound! I pray u have a good life there insha'allah.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got there safely! Keep us posted and take care!! Salaam!
ReplyDeleteSalaams, Alhamdulillah, Im glad that you made it safe and sound, without too much trouble.
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is all right... You'll have to start posting pictures of where you are and what you're doing so we don't feel so far away. ;) Email me your information, please, if you haven't already (I'll check right after this). I thought it was on your facebook but I didn't see it there. Yeah, I was thinking of logging onto the messenger last night to see if you were around and then I remember... OHH YEAH... time difference, once again. LOL Take care. Glad you're home! :D
Umm-T
Glad you go there safe.
ReplyDeleteAlhamdolAllah A3la Salamay. Im glad you arrived safely. I hope things with Bro A. work themselves out for the best, for both of you inshAllah.
ReplyDeleteAslamu alakum i kept thinking is se here yet? i can't belive how the time has flewn by and you are finally here, the events that lay ahead will be testing and i can't wait to meet you inshaallah. Will PM you my tel numbers ok!
ReplyDeleteasalam alaikum sis
ReplyDeletealhumdulillah your are all safe and sound in the uk. inshallah all work well with the bro A.
how great is asda, the only place i can get decent halal food, especially my evoca cola.
take care and inshallah will write soon
wa salam
khadijah
Welcome to Europe :)!It's amazing what you achieved.
ReplyDeleteAsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you arrived safely. Sounds like a good flight on the whole too mashallah.
Keep in touch sis, specially now you are on a similar time zone LOL.
Inshallah everything works out for you for the best.
A.A. Ameena - Alhamdulilah you've arrived safely:)Cant belive your already here!!!Inshallah take it easy and everything will work its self out with bro A.
ReplyDeleteStrangly enough you've arrived to the UK and I'll be leaving soon:(
Salam alaykom !! I am so sorry, I was not online last night...
ReplyDeletehad a teacher/parent meeting until like 9:30 pm..Im tired !! lol
AL hamdullilah that ur safe and all is faling into place. Been thinking about you often. Figured no news was good news ;) dunno what ASDA is... maybe my tecno/sisters can enlighten me hehe. ? but the sound of shopping sounds totally like u :) masha'allah.
I feel sonfident that once you and Bro A sit down.. things will be A-OK...things go to this point with my husband and I over net/phone..when it's time. to be in person, it's time ;)
I m gonna email u my cell #..I was supposed to get it today...but it seems to ahve not been shipped to the right person !! Dunno how that can happen with COD and signature asked for... but whatever !!!
Salams for now..and MANY big hugs and kiss...I'm happy you feel at hom finally. Al hamdullilah. XO
Hamdilah al el salama! Hoping your new (old) place is great fun and filled with blessings for you!
ReplyDeleteSalaam, so glad to hear you're here safely. We must meet up one day when you're in London!
ReplyDeletexx
I am glad everything went ok. Hamdila al salama :-)
ReplyDeleteAssalam-alaikam,
ReplyDeleteYeah!! you're back