Aalya at 2nd cupSo its my last weekend here in Canada for awhile now and on Friday I decided to make the most of it and see some friends before my mum called a curfew for wanting to spend my last few days with her. The plan was lunch at licks with Nadia, coffee with Aalya, coffee with Ameenah, meetup with Noreen, Tea (food) with Kathy, night at Aminahs and breakfast with Melissa.. this is how it went... I picked up Nadia and we went to licks for nature burgers, anyone visiting around the toronto area has to look out for this small but successful burger chain and try one of these burgers, they are amazing!!! Then we decided to go for juice at square 1 and ended up walking around a little. I texted Aalya to ask her to meet me in square 1 cause I was full from the yummy pina colada juice then we bumped into a dear friend of mine alhamdulilah, Dalya who I was intending on popping around to her house later in the evening with a stitching present. We chit chatted for quite awhile and arranged for me to pop over later.. shes been super busy with wedding preps (November 7th insha'allah) so we start to walk back to the food court and stop at a salon that Nadia wanted to book an appointment in and we bump into another friend Tahmina... yes everyone was in square 1 on friday afternoon alhamdulillah. We chatted for abit and left there to meet Aalya at the food court, Nadia took our pic and headed off with the promise to come around to Aminahs later.
We sat down and chilled for abit then walked around to Old Navy in the search for new jeans for me, in the end we drove over to 2nd cup without new jeans (well for me anyways) Sitting there was nice, we were there for like 2 maybe more hours and had a nice time.. we talk about random stuff, but I feel she is the one who understands my situation more than anyone, as much as they want to.. u never really know unless you are in it which she sort of is and Im grateful for having her as a friend alhamdulilah. We waited together for Ameenah who got lost and stuck in traffic so we ended up cancelling, me & Aalya stayed around for a little longer then just before 6pm we split up and I went to pray at Nadias house which was close.
Then I met an old friend from when I first started working at Barrday, she was a coop student there and we used to meet for lunch and stuff :) shes a cool girl, very pretty masha'allah. I havent seen her in soo long, so was good to catch up with her at Spring Rolls and be filled in on what shes been up to alhamdulillah.
After that I popped back to Dalyas to give her the stitching present I made for her ages ago.. yeh thats how often I see her lol.. we sat down and chatted for over an hour though and was good because we wont get the chance to do it much in the future either. Allahu alim. Anyways, then I left to drive over to Aminahs and we stayed up until after 4am chatting.. Tahmina came over after 12 for abit and Nadia came over after 2 for a few hours.. was good to be with the girls alhamdulillah.
In the morning I met Melissa for breakfast at Muddy Duck.. was nice,shes been having some health issues lately that seem to be more serious than mine, so was good for perspective alhamdulilah. She also mentioned to me when leaving that she said to her bfriend about me 'You know Ammena is one of those friends that you dont have to be around 24/7 we can not be in touch for months and months, then when we get together and sit down.. conversation flows and its like I saw her yesterday' That made me smile alhamdulilah :)
Im going to miss everyone, but Im grateful for everything everyone who I have come into contact with in this country has given me. Alhamdulillah.
time very well spent I should say ;)times like this, you will remember always :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you know that there is an open door here if ever you want to come back and visit :)
anyway, ur in my duaas as usual and you are much loved.
XO
We Canadians will miss you. BTW, cute pink top: D Maybe you can show ME around LONDON. You can add those pics on facebook if you like---I asked Y. I want something to remember you and Ameenah's visit by. I'll keep you in my duas.
ReplyDeleteshukran girls :) thanks for the offer Anisah.. if I ever come over here with bro A he will wanna go to Montreal so will def get to meet u and the family insha'allah. Pixie.. Aminah is havin probs with her laptop so still hasnt uploaded the pics lol.. but as soon as she does I will have them up insha'allah.. i wanna remember those fun few hours too :D
ReplyDeleteSalaam, your profile pic is so cute. LOL It makes me smile every time I see it... Anyway, I am always amazed at how many friends you have and how many fun times you have! Masha'Allah. Glad you had the chance to see everyone and spend time before you went home.
ReplyDeleteUmm-T