17 November 2008

Sorry

salam everyone.. i apologise for the time that has lapsed since I have last been on here and filled you in on my life. I know I didnt get back to that looking back list that I wanted to do, but I still havent had time and will probably put it off for a few months until I get myself settled.

I havent written lots since I came over, which I didnt intend to do and to be honest I havent really been THAT busy just consumed with family which has been good. I spent time with the aunty whos husband died back in May.. my mums side of the family is hard, there are constant battles and secrets, health problems and mental problems... my mum is one of 8 so there are many relatives, I will visit 2 when Im down south. I get on particularly well with one cousin, shes very frank and very open minded masha'allah, when I moved over to Canada I asked her what she would say if I told her I was muslim, her answer? I knew before you did... lol :) Shes currently obsessed with Egypt and has been about 5 times this year so far I think, she said she would move over there in a heartbeat and was questioning me about the different styles of covering that women wear. Shes always been there for me when I wanted to complain about my mum and how shes been, shes always stuck up for me and I know she will love me as long as I love myself alhamdulillah.

So tomorrow I get the train down to London insha'allah

On the job front.. alhamdulillah Ive had a few phone calls from the agencies, some havent gone well and some Im still waiting to hear from... I had a call today about a job in Cambridge (well 2 actually) insha'allah I have a phone interview tomorrow, but the job is only a 6 month contract position. There is also another one.. about the same distance in the other direction (just past Oxford) both jobs sounds pretty interesting.. but will see.. insha'allah it will work out. Remember me in your duaa peeps :)

On another note... it started snowing in my area in Canada, and im here!!! in the greys of UK :( sucky and a half!! Allahu alim

Thats me for now...
Peace and salams, Ammena

8 comments:

  1. asalam alaikum sis

    inshallah you have a safe trip down to london and you will have a nice bite to eat out.

    im sure H2B. will be fine inshallah about your friend.

    take care and inshallah will speak soon.

    sorry about earlier on msn, i was using my mobile phone and it kept disconnecting lol. so i changed my connection. so inshallah will talk again later.

    wa salam
    khadijah

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy adventures, adventurous ammena! am soooo jealous ma shaa Allah :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol masha'allah ummT hehee.. khadi, I dont think he will have a problem with her.. Im curious to see how he is with her lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wa-alaykom salam :)
    I was really relieved to see you had blogged. Feel so outta touch !! lol
    ya well... u know smth about north Africans... A little secret...they want to think they are your world and noone else exsists. It's just their culture.. Incha'allah he can have a more open mind Incha'allah... if he cares he will for sure :)
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and anxious to hear the news.
    if it makes you feel any better..no snow here yet :) Anyway..I would trade with you anyday :P

    Salams sis. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Good luck with the trip - inshallah everything will work out ok. I will be thinking of you and making du'aa inshallah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give us a ring when you've got a minute. Let's arrange to meet inshallah, can't wait!! Take care sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a nive time in London and manage to sort everything out with your H2B. Let us know how it goes :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you are in my favourite city----(excepting Cape Town. Rain and all. It is raining in Victoria, if that is any consolation.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed