



1 & 2. Breakfast 3 & 4. upstairs in the masjid
So Im now back in Liverpool, which obviously means that I left London today. I went out for breakfast with the sister I have been staying with, shes working 12-8 this week so we got up around 9am and went across the street for croissant & hot drinks at a cute little place called Raoul's which was nice. Then I went back to the flat sorted out my bags more, gave her a hug, let her leave for work... packed a little bag of food then set out. Got the 414 bus all the way to the London Hilton hotel (hyde park) and walked to the masjid... Thats when I saw it, signs saying they were doing renovation in the womens area so its closed Monday - Thursday.. I could have cried!! What was I going to do? So I stood outside, I got talking to one of the workmen (well he started talking to me!) about Islam none the less.. tried to tell me that I was wrong in thinking that I possibly understand the trinity, apparently that knowledge is only given by God through the Holy spirit! Anyways, I was stood outside when one of the workmen came outside and sort of muttered something to me. The initial workmen said to me 'sorry, did you want to go inside?' I was just nodding my head like... ooh can i? hehee.. so they pulled my suitcase in and were trying to find the guy who had mentioned it (he was praying) I spotted a sign for a 2nd prayer room upstairs, so I wandered upstairs, which was pretty big.. I was impressed, oh but let me tell you what the workman told me... they are making the ladies prayer area bigger downstairs by at least 1 room (if you know the layout of the mosque) maybe even the 2 rooms insha'allah which would be really nice to see next time Im down insha'allah.
So now im back with my family. Yes my khimar has come off but I still have hijab in my heart and I feel that my iman is stronger while Im here with my family. I have to fight stronger to do things here and God knows what is in my heart.
Sorry a bit confused...do you mean you are or you are not in Liverpool.Oh yeah you are I guessed by reading on.
ReplyDeleteHave a smashing time with your family. Take care sis.
MashAllah.
ReplyDeleteWhen is the wedding?
as salamu alaykum
ReplyDeletemash'Allah you mean the 2 small rooms downstairs in central mosque?It would be great,sometimes upastairs is packed!!!
I would suggest you: don't take complicated drinks at Costa.. they are horrible!
Where r u Ameena?Liverpool or not?
salam umA not central mosque.. hyde park mosque!! I totally missed the upstairs room in the central mosque :( as for costa.. complicated drinks?? lol, orange hot choc? whats so complicated?? And now im in Liverpool alhamdulillah..
ReplyDeleteThe wedding?? ill let ya know sis.. although at the moment your guess is as good as mine lol ;)
As Salaamu Alaykum Sis, it pleased me to read you are from Liverpool, i am from just over the water 'Wirral' end. I moved from London a couple of years ago back up north...
ReplyDeleteHyde Park Mosque is lovely... its great to hear they are modifying it...
Congrats on the future wedding
Umm Hasan
as salamu alaykum Ammena,
ReplyDeleteyes just a simple orange hot choc...they are not good at "extras" in the drinks... believe me...I was working there lol!
wa alakum aslam ukti
ReplyDeleteglad you made it back ok and the mosque news is good even though i hardly visit that masjid. I a sorry the khimar has had to come off must be a night mare having to worry about hair do's mind you i can see you in a bennie. hug sis missing you already.