9 March 2009

Back to the routine

Salam,
Im back up north :) Its been awhile, and I apologise to everyone who has been missing me. Ive had no internet while Ive been away and timings were a lot different that I had intended, Allahu alim. I just dropped off the car today after having it for 11 days, over the weekend I was away which is when I havent been at the computer. I drove down to Middlesex for a job interview on thursday, I didnt get it before you all get excited :P but the HR guy said that he really liked me and wanted to give me an opportunity to start working as it would only get harder the longer Im out of a job. So I was asked to come back the next day for an interview with a different department in the same company. Its a really good company so Im praying it goes ok, insha'allah I will hear by the end of the week, geographically its about 30minutes by train from London Waterloo which is a major train station with a few major stops on the way and about 10mins walk from the train centre to the company.
So then after those 2 interviews and staying at my uncles for the night, I stopped in at the hospital to check up on my uncle. My auntie flew in from Ghana the day before and my 2 cousins (her son and daughter) brought her down to see him. Then on Saturday morning my mum flew over from Canada until sunday evening... its been an emotional few days, Im glad to have them over with but Im also sad that I could be losing my uncle. The doctors say it doesnt look good, his oxygen percentage stats are high and once they get to maximum and he still doesnt show signs of improving then they will have to talk about stopping everything. God knows best, I think Im dealing with this pretty well.. I have seen him from the beginning and I think thats the difference.
Just wanted to keep you a little in the loop, remember me and my family in your duaa... Anisah I pray that things go ok for you, EyeS thanks for the texts love you both and miss you loads. Fi amenallah

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your uncle, I hope things improve for him. It's good that you are all there with him.

    Good luck for the job, that sounds promising... what would it be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inshallah things will get better for your Uncle - I think it does help to be with the person

    All the best for the job interview!! Keeping you in my dua's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalaamu Alaykum,

    You and your family are in my thoughts and duaas sis. I'm glad you're getting to spend time with your uncle.

    Will be waiting to hear about your job in sha Allah. I hope for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al hamdullilah...you rally are blessed to be able to be there for your Uncle.. and ya.. ur always in my prayers...
    I think I will be ok:) having faith in Allah makes all the difference and I am so grateful for this right now. :)

    love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. May Allah give you and your uncle what is best for you both and the rest of the family the sabr to cope with the situation, ameen.
    Thanks for keeping in touch, talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamu alaikom,
    I'm so glad your mother was able to make a trip out. How is she doing? Is she handling this okay? So sad. He's too young to have these problems. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I think about you and your uncle's situation every day. I'm sorry. And I'm glad that you've got a job lead, insha'Allah, it turns into a job offer. Take care, sister. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah sorry to hear that. A woman at work just lost her husband to cancer. It's so sad. I'll echo what the other ladies said in that you are lucky to be able to spend time with him. Just pray for him and the strength to cope. *hug

    The job sounds very promising though! Inshallah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been awarded...
    check my blog for details

    http://humblemuslimah.blogspot.com/2009/03/for-moi.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed