so when I wear my hijab the things I miss are...
the feeling of the sun on my skin
being able to blend in with the 'ordinary' crowd (by that i mean the not overly noticeable crowd)
and trying to think now there isnt much more that I miss alhamdulillah :) Thanks MyHijab for making me think of these things
Hmmm...to be honest...I miss nothing at all about before...
ReplyDeleteThings I don't miss:
1. Having to spend 3 hours straightening my hair only to go outside n it frizzes up...
2. Spending ages thinking about what to wear
3. Being a part of the crowd - I like the fact I either look individual or "Muslim"...even if some people have asked me if I'm SIKH with a hijab n abaya LOL...
Other things I don't miss
4. Pleasing society and being a fashion slave/victim
5. Going semi tanned in the sun.
ALHAMDULILLAH for my abaya(s) n hijab(s)...
lol why would you thank them for showing you what you miss?
ReplyDeleteor you could say why missing that is worth wearing it for yourself?
what about what you love?
Things I don't miss:
-men staring and cat calls
-the cold wind numbing my ears
-feeling conscious of whatever I'm wearing and how my body looks in it
-being judged for my outer beauty istead of inner beauty