1 June 2009

my first day

I feel like a kid again :P

so my first day went well... I wasnt expecting to get straight into work but they threw me some scrubs and off I went :P as the deal with the scrubs, well apparently you dont get measured up for them, they sort of look at you and go 'Small right?!' in THAT tone. You know what tone I mean! I was shown where to change incase I wanted privacy.. erm, who doesnt? the girl I started with apparently as I found out while she pulled off her shirt right infront of me and another woman.. is there no shame in the youngsters of today (actually shes a year older than me) I was shown to a workstation with a Philipino guy working there and told I was going to work with him (forgotten his name!) I dont know if I will work with him tomorrow or not. There were 3 people working in the same corner and my teacher :P introduced me to the others (the woman I forget her name and a guy called Ahmed) They both seemed nice and I got talking to the guy (well he talked to me) telling me about the area, the halal shops, that for jummah the hospital prays in a different room and hes never seen any girls there.. well thats going to change on Friday! :P my new bff Batool told me that shes met him, and she used THAT tone and told me to be careful.. hmm, what is it with people thinking I dont know how to look after myself? All in good intentions I know masha'allah.
Anyways... the girl who started with me today travelled 2 hours to get here this morning and this Ahmed lad lives in NHS accommodation but at a different hospital about 30mins drive from here, so I was really lucky to get this place by the sounds of it :D I dropped the car off this evening too, dunno how things will fair without that, esp as I had to take 2 buses back to the hospital.. stopped off in tescos on the way there for a few things, got a shower shelf, a lamp, an alarm clock, a chopping board.. forgot the bulb for my lamp though :P so will try pick one up another time, either over the weekend or see what the onsite shop loads up on. My legs are killing and my eyes are stinging, felt like I had no sleep last night and woke up sweating.. my hayfever kicked in something rotten yesterday morning, and again this afternoon.. which is the reason for the eye stinging and maybe for me feeling like Im not sleeping. Ive gone back to sleeping with the windows open, I missed doing this in Canada so its nice to feel like Im back home again. My room looks and feels pretty lived in now :) which always makes me feel better.. Im still on the hunt for series DVDs which keeps me busy, found out today Ill be getting paid on June 27th insha'allah so its nice to know that I wont have to wait until July 1st which seems soo far away.
Im thinking about starting up swimming again at the womens only night in New Malden on a sunday (me and my new bff) will see insha'allah... all in all, eventful few days :) Im already looking forward to the weekend, going to visit a sister just outside Croydon which should be different... then next weekend Im going to a fiqh convention with Tariq Ramadan so Im looking forward to that too insha'allah.
Ok, time for me to rest my little fingers... take care
Peace and salams,

3 comments:

  1. wow all that in one day...as usual tired just reading about your day lol
    Glad to hear you are settling in. Would love to see a couple of pics though. Take care sis. I might see you on Sat..so busy right now. Got the moving day at last , 12th of June inshallah. You'll get an invite soon for 'unpacking party' lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu alaikom,
    So how was the workload, where you able to keep up okay? Getting the hang of it so far? Sounds interesting, anyway! Did the scrubs fit okay? hehe Anyway, take care, glad things are picking up!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aslamu alakum
    subhan allah a world away now hey, don't time fly? i am glad you settling down and yes do becareful , i don't care wheither you already know or not, its coz i care too! swiming sounds good! May Allah bless you sis hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed