22 September 2009

At work

so today at work someone came to pick up some bits for an outside part of the hospital that we clean for. I had only been in that area for 2 hours and wasnt expecting him, so nothing was bagged up and there was pieces of paper everywhere to be sorted. Eventually I got everything together for him and as I was closing the boxes he asked me,
'do you always have to wear that hood?' I nodded.. he goes,
'Oh its your religion right?' I smiled and nodded again then it came out... God only knows where from, but he definately said,
'I thought you didnt have to wear that at home' I smiled and tried to leave it at that.. but this came out,
'Yes, but Im not at home am I!?' too much? It was just so obvious to me.. does he think I live in my department? seriously??

3 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    Wait, you mean, you aren't a robot that just gets placed in the back at the end of every night?

    WELL, THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. loool yeah too right! living at work absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work life sure is interesting... got to laugh at people's ignorance... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed