25 September 2009

During Ramadhan and after

I was just thinking before that I never really kept you up to date with what I was doing during Ramadhan so here goes, obviously wedding plans were put on hold with the date being pushed to November insha'allah and it wasnt really something I wanted to think about during fasting times. So I was grateful for that alhamdulillah.
The things I did manage to do I was pleased with alhamdulillah, I wish I had done more, more was intended.. but Allahu alim. What did I do I hear you ask :) well I managed to learn surah at-takathu at last alhamdulillah and I was so grateful for doing that eventually, it seems to have been hanging over my head for so long. Now insha'allah I can move forward and learn some duaas and the next surah.
I did manage to fast for all the days of Ramadhan that was possible for me alhamdulillah, Im currently making up my missed fasts then will move onto the 6 sunnah fasting days of Shawaal insha'allah.
I helped out on a charity project with a youth helpline in London and had intended on helping with my local dawah table, alas that didnt come about cause I only really talked to the brother mid Ramadhan and then I was working on the days they do it (only sunday) but insha'allah I would like to help out in the future and they know that so look out Kingston!!! ;)
What else did I do? Oh I finished reading my quran early alhamdulillah actually super early all on my brand spanking new phone (not sure if thats the right word to use when talking about Ramadhan) I got an iphone the end of the month which I have been waiting for for sooo long :) and I love it alhamdulillah, its come in useful so many times already and Ive only just started to play with it heehee. I already have the Quran on there and lots of audio duaas which I intend to fully utilise insha'allah.
I did also manage to keep ontop of the extra prayers I intended to do and have carried this on since Ramadhan has finished alhamdulilah. Its something that I am beginning to feel much better abotu myself with alhamdulillah. I have always prayed the 2 rakahs before fajr and the 2 rakahs after maghrib, now I combine these with 4 before & 2 after dhuhr and 2 after isha aswell as 3 rakahs for witr before the fajr adhan masha'allah.. I quite shock myself sometimes *blush* but im grateful to be able to do these things alhamdulillah.
Well thats it for now.. been off work today trying to stop a cold before it starts, going to my uncles house tomorrow with my cousin to retrieve some items that my mum wants to keep so not really looking forward to that.. but life goes on :| Allahu alim, to him we belong and to him we return.
Bedtime now cause Im up early in the morning... so keep reading ladies.. fi amenallah

1 comment:

  1. wow, well done mashallah, a very productive ramadan, may Allah reward all your efforts generously ameen
    take care sis

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed