16 September 2009

Randomness

I got told yesterday in work after a conversation about hijab and some other general islamic bits 'such a waste' I was confused, a waste of what? my hair? or is it just because you cant overcome the curiosity? How do I answer comments like that?
This Ramadhan has brought back something that had been dormant since quite awhile ago actually so I thought maybe you peeps could enlighten me somehow. Its about prayer mats, not whether they are allowed.. but I get bugged by flipping the corners over.. actually I dont get bugged by the action but by the reason Im given for it. 'because otherwise Shaitan prayers on your mat while you arent there' am I being stupid? naive? dumb? shouldnt we want shaitan to pray while we arent there? wouldnt that maybe make 'him' better in some way? please enlighten insha'allah :D
Tonight my Canadian homie Nashwa is coming over for iftar, I found a vegetarian restaurant in my city... granted it probably wont be as good as Zen gardens, but Im willing to try it out with her. Maybe we will grab a film afterwards too insha'allah. Then tomorrow I might be getting my iphone MIGHT.. A's bro was supposed to get here today from Germany, but he missed the train so will be here tomorrow morning insha'allah. Then we are going to the science museum (you know how I all love this museum being the nerd that I am!) so something to look forward to, and I get to grill him about A's family life and past heehee :D im sure hes reading this thinking hmm lol
As for anything else.. well insha'allah iftar at Mina's place tomorrow which Im looking forward to as I havent seen her since before Ramadhan started, and with her moving so soon and all that jazz. Im still looking for a jacket to go with my dress and realised that I should also be looking for an open abaya to go with it too.. was going to wear an abaya that I already have but in 2 minds about that now... guess I can ask opinions tonight and saturday night when I have another sister stay over... Im happy to be having friends stay over, its something I truley missed this year.
Well thats it for now my friends, insha'allah you use the last few days of Ramadhan wisely, cant believe how quickly its gone this year. Insha'allah we will all be around to reap the benefits and make up for things we didnt get done this year, next year.
Fi amenallah, peace and salams

4 comments:

  1. assalamualaikum,
    The flippiing corners bit is i think supposed to protect the place you do sajda from najasat... like for example people with crap on their feet walking over the prayer mat, specifically the place where sajda is done.

    maybe..........?

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam alaykom.. the hijab/hair thing... I think they mean what a waste that you do;t share your beautiful hair. I get this a lot.since a lot of people still know what my hair does look like. They feel it such a shame for me to hide it. I forgve them though..cause they kinda have good intentions, ignorant ones..but they mean well. I challenge any woman that still thinks this way to spend a day or two in Hijab and see the difference in.. respect..and just the way men treat you. ( ie ur not a spectacle to be gawked at and appraised for sexual pleasure)
    I for one will never forget the day I challenged myself this one thing. Al hamdullilah.

    ur outfit will work itself out .. and you will be perfect in anything u find. Masha'Allah ;)

    you are blessed that you have so many friends sis.. and get to spend time with them. and isn't it wonderful how the ones that let you down have weeded themselves out? you had Sabr..and it worked out. ;)

    About teh prayer rug... I have never ever heard that about not letting shaitan pray on there..and I agree with you..don;t we want shaitaan to pray?lol
    I always thought it was important to keep it clean and dust free and that's why we either fold it up or arrange it in a way that the side we pray on is hidden away until we use it. ;)

    love you!! xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. "such a waste" is just a dumbthing to say... Seriously, I don't get what is the "waste"... They actually think that everyone should enjoy your hair and body?! By that logic, a person who has perfect ass without cellulite would be wasting it by covering it with pants?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaams Dear:

    Yes, we flip them over to keep them clean as "get real said ..." said!

    About the hijab comments? Are these solicited comments?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed