Today was the big family day, it all started with a show of my photo screen and a 'Ive met someone' the questions followed obviously and then my auntie left for church with my Grandad. When they were back I packed the stuff in the car and was asked more from my auntie, she left with a 'I hope it goes well for you and A' Then it was onto my Grandad, I was due to leave to go to my dads and contemplated telling him and running out. I was actually surprised at how little I thought about it and just did it, 'Grandad, I want to show you something.' He turns off the tv to concentrate totally on me (deaf!) I show him the picture, his comment? 'so who is this young man?' 'Ive met someone' I tell him.. then he asks me the usual questions too including where is he from? and he actually says his name correctly and spells it out (although missing the silent 'h' but I will let him off for that) I tell him, I wanted to tell you about him so next time I come up to visit I can bring him to introduce him to everyone. He agrees and eventually I leave, lighter.
Next is my dad.... his wife is the one asking me if Ive met any nice technicians at work I tell her 'not where I work..... yes Ive met someone' then a 'woooo' comes from my stepsister sat next to me eating Sunday dinner. The questions come from all sides, my dad just sits there... I show him a picture later and I never know how to read him. I got a text from my stepsister in the evening saying my dad was made up to have me around... definately cant read him, that hurts!
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteMashallah, see it's easier than you think!!!! Glad you're having a good time with the family too.
Awww bless, thats great news sis, lil steps big results...im happy for you sweetheart, bout your dad men are just like that some you juz cant read hehe:P cheer up!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news alhamduilah! So no mention of the race not an issue i take it? MashaAllah alhamduilah ....now telling em about Islam inshaallah it will be just as easy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is going well with you.
ReplyDelete