20 October 2009

Question

Now, Im not looking for cut and pastes, nor lectures of any kind.. Im just wondering if anyone has a link or knowledge than me insha'allah
If you miss a salah, any salah.. then you pray it as soon as you realise and you generally pray a sunnah salah with it... do you still pray the sunnah? Or figure that you have gone past gaining the reward so is there a point in praying it.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu alaikom,
    I was under the impression that you cannot pray the sunnah prayer at that point, but for the life of me, I can't remember where I read/heard that. So don't listen to me! LOL I'm writing to say, basically, "me, too!" -- I wanna know the answer, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her )said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed two rak’ahs after ‘Asr. He was asked about them and he said: “O daughter of Abu Umayyah, you asked about the two rak’ahs after ‘Asr. That is because some people from ‘Abd al-Qays came to me and distracted me from the two rak'ahs that come after Zuhr; these are they (i.e., I prayed them just now).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1233) and Muslim (834).
    scholars take from this hadith and others that it is permissible to pray the sunnas later on if you forgot or you werent able to pray them.

    there is more info here http://islamqa.com/en/ref/114233/sunnah%20prayer

    ReplyDelete
  4. AsSalaam Alaikum

    I also don't pray the sunnah, if you have missed the time - but can't remember where I read it - sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm I know that Adil doesn't. and he is really strict on prayers..
    I think logically...to do them when its not on time is not very beneficial..but on the other hand.. seems like more u do..the more forgiven..
    All in all I think... however..I have no basis whatsoever... that it's all in ur intentions...

    did u find any answers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamu alaikom,
    Thanks for the links, Habibti... *off to look it up*

    Hey Anisah, I emailed you about accessing your blog. Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed