14 October 2009

What Ive been up to

Its been a busy old time thats for sure, I dont really get much time to blog or do much on my computer these days except look for flats when Im not out of my current place. However, dont fret my friends it wont be that way when Im married insha'allah.. its just like this now because Im not spending time indoors with A so when hes here then Im not at home :) We have been to see 2 and he went on a mission yesterday stopping at all different estate agents to see what they have. Currently we are waiting to see 2 properties that are both in the midst of being redecorated for new tenants. So I will keep you up to date.
We went looking at wedding rings yesterday and before anyone jumps on my back about this I really want him to wear one just so that people he encounters on a daily basis will know that hes married and (Ive seen it!) back off... or so I hope they will. Hes a big handed person though (size Y) so we cant even really try anything out for him in the shops because they dont generally stock them. Which was the same problem with my ring because I have such tiny fingers lol :)
Im trying to organise a little get together with some friends the night before my nikah as a final thing :) so far I have 12 people who can definitely come which is a shock for me and there are also 3 people who I have to get in touch with.. but insha'allah they can come too :) I would love to have them all there. Im thinking to check out some places on Edgware road, seems to be the easiest place for everyone really and its mostly halal stuff.. so we will see insha'allah.
So far my room is still a mess after bringing more things back from the north with me that just wont fit anywhere, Im working at 12 today and had intended on tidying up but guess what Im doing instead!! ;) not tidying thats what lol. But insha'allah maybe when I get home tonight I will be able to get some of it done.
My mum is intending on coming over to go through some of my uncles possessions in November, so basically I will be carting her around everywhere and bored out of my skull. Im really not looking forward to it, my cousin said she would try and come down too but I doubt it would make it any easier to deal with. I was hoping to introduce her to A insha'allah, Im just having a hard time coming out with it at the moment, it seemed so much easier to the other side of my family. When I was talking with my cousin the other day she made a comment that it shouldnt be easier to tell my mums friend about a 'potential boyfriend' than my own mother.. but thats how it is.. I pray it will be easier and I will be able to just come out with it before she comes over. I have to email her the dates Im not working in November to give her options and just pray she decides against it lol...
Oh and Ive joined twitter, follow me on http://twitter.com/AmmenaB but please tell me where you got the link from, otherwise I will block you :) and please... if youre male, dont even bother, I will block you!
And thats it for now, Im going to get myself ready while I wait for the call from the estate agents insha'allah. Peace and salams

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    Busy bee! I'm glad you're well and I'm glad to find a new blog post from ya. What's size Y? The stores here must stock bigger sizes, because I can't believe his fingers are that big! Yeah, I always have to get sized down, too. No, I don't blame you for wanting wedding rings at all. Of course, there are women out there that purposely hit on married men. Hm, maybe you should just make him wear a "property of Ammena, back off!" sandwich board. :) (Totally teasing... Husband and I wear wedding rings, ourselves.)

    I think your mom should be aware that you've got a fiance before she arrives. Like, the night before she leaves. LOL No, seriously... I just think she'll trust it more if it's not sprung on her very last moment. And her feelings will be less hurt. You should find a good friend to practice with, you know, role playing how you'll handle the conversation with your mom. It sounds silly to do but it seems to me that you might benefit from a dress rehearsal so that you feel stronger emotionally and more confident.

    I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but since I can't... just know that I'm thinking about you regularly and praying that you have a wonderful marriage to A, and that you are happy in general (work, home, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam alaykom... ya missing u these days sis... but it's all for a good cause ;) I've been praying for this for you for years and now it;s finally happening..so I think I can go without my "Ammena" fix for a while...as a sacrifice hehe.
    I sincerely do not think u are gonna get MORE time for the PC once ur married. that is just unrealistic and....in a good way! Imagine... no time for the pc haha.
    You know what sis... I have an idea about ur mum.
    I think A should email her himself ( or even better yet..call her )and introduce and take charge of the situation and his intentions.
    I know the situation is like it is..and well..not much u can do about it..but...at same time.. I'm sure ur mum has already found out... do you really think everyone is gonna be shhh about it?
    Anyway..I think... it would be a great thing for A to do for you and since he is gonna be taking charge of your care very soon...it's something to take off your shoulders. Al hamdullilah. tw I hope u have a good photographer taking pics at wedding? lol
    you really have no idea how much I wish to be there. I realy want you to know how much I love you for the sake of Allah and wish the best for you.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed