17 February 2010

Something brought me down, but then faith was restored alhamdulillah

Here it goes.
On Sunday hubbyA and I went to look for the farmers Market near our flat. It started to rain a little and even using google maps got a little lost (I rely too much on it cause seems hubby knew the way all along) anyways, I said I would ask the next person for directions and that's what I did. A man was walking towards us with his shopping, I wasn't going to keep him for long so decided it would be ok to ask. We got about a foot apart from each other and I said 'excuse me,' he didn't heat me but then he got closer like right next to me so I said it again he kept his head up and his eyes straight ahead and carried on walking. Yes folks, he ignored me! And it really upset me :( I kept going over the scene in my head, "you think he didn't hear me?" I asked hubbyA. "Do you think he ddint hear you?" was his rely, which was true. I just wanted to give him an excuse for not answering me. I don't like to think that people can do this, alas my faith in my community was shaken :(

Until last night alhamdulillah. A man stopped and asked me for directions to the shopping centre near mine. There were other people he could have asked, but he asked me and couldn't stop thanking me for my help.

My faith isn't fully restored, it's still slightly cracked but it's not wide open, angry and as susceptible anymore. And, of course, I have hubbyA too. Alhamdulillah.
Peace and salams

Ammena
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Salam alaykom sis...

    coulda been worse ! I would just ignore and pray for the guy.. Imagine how much crap he must have inside to make him do that? must be suffering from all the bad feelings.
    But again.. I love Allah always comes through for you :) Allahu Akbar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends where you were... Some people are jerks, plain and simple, but depending on where one lives... You *have* to tune people out or else you'll have every hawker, scam artist, and beggar in a ten-mile radius trying to get something from you. I've had similar experiences on both sides. I've been the one ignoring people (in big cities like Chicago, Toronto, NYC) and I've been the one getting ignored. I used to stop for every person but I learned not to do that.

    One time a beggar tried to kiss my husband's face. Talking about this has reminded me of that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know what goes on in people's heads. I think there was probably something wrong with him mentally.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed