So there has been alot of things going on in my life recently namely with the subject of marriage. Yes, yes in the eyes of Allah (subhana wa ta a'la) we are married. However, according to the UK government and my family we aren't. Last week hubby sent my mum an email looking for her emotional support in asking me to spend the rest of my life with him. My mum, being my mum, has put a spanner in the works and asked that he get his right to remain in the UK before going ahead with this. Now we're stuck, well technicially I'm stuck as I'm the one who has to make the decision of what to do. And, may I add, I have to do it fairly quickly :( I don't like pressure at the best of times, but I don't like pressure to make decisions even more!!
Anyways, I just wanted to fill you in on why I'm not around so much these days. Please remember us in your duaas and I will keep you informed insha'Allah
Peace and salams
Ammena
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteI didn't realise he didn't have the right to remain yet - I thought for some reason he had been born in the UK (just me getting the wrong end of the stick as usual). But I think you need to go ahead with it and hopes that she will accept, after all, as you say, there is a time limit on it all. Inshallah she will come round.
Insha'Allah you're mother will come around. My husband and I were in a similar situation--married in Islam, but not according to his parents. We had the wedding and things were much more comfortable, but his parents were supportive of his chosen faith, even if they didn't/don't agree with it. :/ Perhaps you can file your papers now and have a wedding for your family at a later date? It's really the celebration that seems to seal the deal, and that way you can take your time getting his status figured out.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry this is happening. I remember the most difficult part for me was my husband's parents thinking we were living in sin, but Allahu 'alim. And may Allah make this easy for you.
ASA
ReplyDeleteI understand what your mum is saying... Inshallah it will all work out...What would he have to do to to remain in the UK? Maybe you both could look into that than present it to your mum...and take it from there...
I understand that he wants your mother's blessing, but you are the one who are with him and know him. Do what feels right for you and him.
ReplyDeleteWhat does he have to do to be able to stay there? Would it take long to do if you sponsored him after marriage?
Hugs!
Anisah
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI can't blame her at all. If it were my daughter, I wouldn't want her to marry someone who isn't legal. (I'm guessing that is what it means if someone lacks the "right to remain". Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
I'm curious what the two of you need to do to get that started. Insha'Allah, all goes well.
Have looked into things, on the visa he's on now he cant get right to remain :( so basically its get married or go back to Pakistan and apply for fiance visa from there. They take TIME and then we would still have to apply for spouse visa aswell. I wouldnt have to sponsor him after marriage, it would just be pretty straight forward (insha'Allah)
ReplyDeleteEyes, he isnt illegal. Hes legally entitled to be here. There isnt really a canadian equivalent I guess.. he came on a student visa which runs out end of january. he has to change the status of his visa at least 6 months before it finishes :(
if he enrolls in some classes, can he renew his student visa? it sounds like what happens here, people come on a student visa and get married and stay.
ReplyDeleteHe could renew his visa, but it costs money and do to the courses too.. which we really dont have. Plus, we would be in the same situation in three years time.. because he absolutely can not get his right to remain in the UK from a student visa
ReplyDeleteAmmenna...
ReplyDeleteI had the same issue.
Spouse visa's are also difficult and expensive - even after marriage