So I got there super early this morning even after getting super lost in the hospital grounds ;) The building is very modern masha'Allah and when I called in to be buzzed in I was actually greeted by the guy I was in contact with which was weird. I was expecting some sort of reception where I could sit for 10 minutes to collect my thoughts and go over the job description but no, they had me jumped right in ;) I thought the interview went ok, it was the usual... this is the job, now tell us about you. Then they threw in a few questions they picked up out of my CV and all was good, they mentioned that there would be another position coming up in a months time and someone is going on maternity leave in a northern branch if I was interested in that.
I asked them to clarify the working hours and went on to ask how long people can take for holidays maximum, which led me to tell them about my Walimah in Pakistan which is going to be a 3/4 week holiday... answer?? not impossible, never had this situation arise here ;) so we will see.
So Ill give you a general brief... 12 hour shifts 230-1430 yup u read right, 230am til 230pm.. basically you get there in the morning, have your work ready that you need to finish for the day, so if you finish your work early you can go home early :) but if you have a bad day and dont get finished, you have to stay until its all finished. There is no annual leave because of how the days work... so on week 1 you work thursday and friday, week 2 monday, tuesday and wednesday then you dont work until the following thursday. So really you have every weekend off and have a week off inbetween work, for the annual leave you just move shifts around.. another person works your thursday friday and you can have a week off.
Im not too sure if I like the specifics so Im just gonna sit it out until the end of the week when he said I should hear back from them, and see what they say. No point in worrying about a situation until it happens, even then I have to learn no point in worrying ;) lol
Anyways, just wanted to get it all down on 'paper' for ya
Peace and salams, Ammena
Oof, what a schedule! :S Well, keep us informed. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I'd rather jump right in rather than have a chance to sit and get nervous. :)