5 June 2010

What next??

So my mum phoned me a few hours ago after two weeks of no contact. The beginning of the conversation was small talk followed by a 'i assume you haven't changed your mind!' regarding us getting married. The conversation continued along the lines of, I'm not happy, I don't agree, you have to understand where I'm coming from, what does dad say? But she told me she wouldn't miss out on her daughters wedding alhamdulillah.
Everything was going fine, stepdad is comin over too insha'Allah end of September for the wedding. There was a little raised voices and we even had a joke. Then she asked me to promise I wouldn't go over to Pakistan for the next few years. I obviously couldn't promise that, so it ended in a 'fine, you have him, enjoy. Bye' and slammed down the phone.
Do I start planning for September when she said he could make it then? Do I leave her to chill? Tears have been released and I thank God for the husband I've been sent to stand by my side. He is my rock and I constantly feel bad for the things I saddle him with. May Allah (swt) grant him with everything he deserves insha'Allah.


Ammena
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone

3 comments:

  1. aww sis I know this is so hard, but I am proud of you standing your ground with her. Al hamdullilah.
    She is just trying to guilt u to do her way again. May Allah keep you strong and hold ur ground and continue to keep the door open for her and let her know u understand where she is coming from but at the same time it is your life.

    She made her own mistakes in her life and hopes that you will never make any. Perhaps she even thinks she can make you avoid them. But really she should be supportive and be there for you in case..not force u to do her will.

    Giver her time...I am sure she is going to come around.. she is waiting for you to break down and do what she asks.When she sees that u will not, then she will calm down, Incha'allah.

    btw someone put boring again lol

    Proud of that husband of yours too, he is really proving himself masha'Allah. ;)

    May Allah bless you both with a long happy healthy marriage Incha'allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaikum Ammena,

    Subhanallah! I just began to read your blog and I tried to back track a little bit to find out details. I'm a little lost. Why is your mother not happy about your marriage?

    I'm interested in knowing because a) I'm Pakistani and b) I married a Lebanese! My parents were wonderful about it, Alhamdulillah, but his parents (especially mother and sister) gave me hell. Let's not even talk about their community that I currently reside in. Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you.

    I pray Insha'Allah, Allah (swt) blesses you with sabr and strength. It's a test and Insha'Allah you come out on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insha'Allah this will continue to improve. Is she afraid you'll be the victim of terrorism in Pakistan? I know my in-laws have had similar fears, although they are very balanced about them. Alhumdulillah, they're even planning to visit Lebanon and meet my side of the family next year iA! Fear is a very sticky, tricky emotion.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed