On the pattern of talking about certain members of my family at the moment this one goes out to my grandad :)
Insha'Allah he turns 80 in September and although he hasn't been in the best of health for the last few years and is missing my nana terribly he still pushes himself forward and gets through his days masha'Allah.
There has been two things (amongst others) that me and hubby have been discussing lately. The main one being whether to have a daytime reception in a hall or room or hire a marquee and ask my grandad if we can do it in his garden. We're going up in two weeks so we planned to sit down and talk to him then. He phoned me this morning while I was working, twice. When I eventually phoned him we discussed a recent email I'd sent to him and lead onto plans for the wedding. He told me 'if you want to have the reception here at the house you're more than welcome' masha'Allah.
Another thing is hubbys brother coming over from Germany and where to put him up. My grandads or dads were options or stick him in a hotel or work things around a little travelling schedule that he's got planned. My grandad asked if any of A's family were coming so I mentioned his brother. He said 'well he's more than welcome to stay here or at your dads I'm sure instead of putting him in a hotel were he knows noone or the area' alhamdulillah.
Ladies and gentlemen, my grandad! Xxx
Ammena
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteMashallah, what a lovely man. May Allah lead him to Islam in his twighlight years.
Aww that's very nice of your granfather. Mashallah he sounds like a great person!
ReplyDeleteso sweet masha'Allah!
ReplyDelete