This morning I made cinnamon rolls for hubby :) Check out the photos and recipe... no special equipment needed, very quick and easy masha'Allah.
Take 50g caster sugar and 2 tsp ground cinnamon, mix together in a small bowl
Roll out 250g ready made puff pastry to an 8 inch square, sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the square
Roll out the pastry to press in the sugar, making a 10 inch square. Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture over the area.
Loosely roll the pastry into a log, use the egg to secure the edge in place. Using a sharp knife cut the log into small sections
Place onto a greased baking sheet and place in a preheated oven at 220 degrees Celsius for about ten minutes, until golden and crisp
ENJOY :) Iftar isn't for another five hours, so I'll let you know how they are then ;)
Salams sis! Once upon a time, I despised cinnamon roles! Now, I just can't get enough of it! Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm sure your husband will enjoy them!
ReplyDeletesalam sis. I live i USA. What degree farenheit is 220 celcius? Also how do I convert grams into cups? What are all the ingrediants I need? Is it a beaten egg?
ReplyDeleteA'salaamu alaikum sis. Those look yummy! I can't make yeast dough so I think I need to take a closer look at puff pastry. :-)
ReplyDeleteMa salaama...
Oh love them! they look so good...I think I may have to try these out!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys like them :) hubby certainly does masha'Allah...
ReplyDeleteAnon 220C is approx 430F according to http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.htm
I mentioned all the ingredients you need (a beaten egg, pre made puff pastry, sugar and cinnamon powder) also grams to cups see this conversion chart that I also found through google http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cooking-conversions/gram-conversions.aspx
Enjoy and do send your blog address so we can check out your results insha'Allah
what is caster sugar? Is that the same as white sugar?
ReplyDeleteit is white sugar sis but I guess its very fine sugar :) I dont know what they would call it where you are :( sorry
ReplyDeleteCool. Wow they look easy.
ReplyDeleteme likey and me try-y (? lol) when i get some cinnamon :D
ReplyDeletejazakallah!