31 December 2010

The New Year

what will it bring? Only Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows but we can still look forward to it. I have to say after many years or troubles and tests Im finally seeing the benefit of it all alhamdulillah. I thank Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) every day for giving me my life and for making me into the person that I am today, trust me.. things could have been alot worse :)

Last year (well still this year really) saw many changes and these changes were all welcomed, memories have been formed and bonds solidified alhamdulillah. What did we do? well, I suppose the biggest thing really is that we got married (civil ceremony) so now we are more officially married which in turn helped to keep hubby in the country with me :) yay me :) this may not seem a big thing, but it took many months to finalise, and that wasnt just to plan... that was mainly to get my mum to actually be on board with coming over for the wedding full stop.

I got a new job, which in turn lead to us buying a car which I love having now :) Now Im on proper shifts, which means I work every other week with all weekends off yay :) which was a welcome need lol

We booked our tickets to fly to Pakistan on Xmas day :) so we are very looking forward to that insha'Allah it will be tons of fun. Hubby is getting very excited now I think, every time he talks with his parents there is something to look into. We just recently bought all the presents to take over with us for the immediate family so no more present buying insha'Allah.

As for the future, we look forward to 2 holidays next year insha'Allah.. Pakistan then over to Canada in the winter for 2 or 3 weeks, depending on my work :) and who knows what else 2011 will bring. Im just looking forward to another year with my husband insha'Allah

Peace and salams
Ammena

5 comments:

  1. MashaAllah, what a nice and positive post!!! Will it be your first time in Pakistan? How do you communicate? Have you learned any Urdu? Kia si he, yaar?!! LOL Thanks tons for sharing, and I pray Allah(swt) grants you all that is Khair this year and for many more to come, InshaAllah, Aameen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds exciting mashallah : ) inshallah it goes well for you.


    ~~CONGRATULATIONS~~
    You made my top 5 favourite blogs of 2010!!

    Linked here: http://muslimahsmusings.blogspot.com/2010/12/end_31.html

    Please take the picture as a mini reward and add it to your blog if you like :D

    I look forward to more posts in 2011
    Take care inshallah!

    (i hope you see this comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam girls :)
    @UmmUmar It will be my first time in Pakistan ;) I know a few little phrases, but his whole family (except his mum) knows english. Im hoping to pick up some more over there though insha'Allah.
    @Yara :D jazakAllah khair sis :D Ill toddle over there now insha'Allah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot of excitement ahead of you. I wish you all the best! I can't wait to see how your actual walimah plans unfold. Karachi is a lot of fun, you are going to love it, iA.

    Peace and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam,
    sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed