23 March 2011

Desi parties and weddings

A few little updates about my parties... sweet sister in law, 21 Im going to have to think of nicknames for them all when I come back insha'Allah, anyways she has taken it upon herself to organise our mehndi and walimah parties and she is getting very excited. Hubby had to tell her to calm down yesterday, bless she was getting a little worried that there wouldnt be enough time to do everything (baring in mind we have a week before we leave and 1.5 weeks after we get there is the party lol) as some political murders have many shops closed :( She was more fussed about that, I was like 'erm.. hello... murders? who? why? will we be ok??' Apparently its not something I should be worried about, but I definately will not be telling my mum about it all ;)

So anyways, her plans involved something along the lines of having me carried into the mehndi party on one of those big cushion things until hubby asked her 'who will carry Ammena?' traditionally it would be the brides male relatives, but I wont have any over there! 'we will sort it out' she said... Im not too sure about that. As for the entrance to the walimah a horse drawn carriage non the less.. even though people wont see us when they are all inside, and she wants to do it just ten minutes or so before the food is served. 'So then they see us for ten minutes, eat and leave?' apparently this is what they do there.. she said ok, maybe sooner than ten minutes then.. I think we will need to sit down with her when we get there and explain the budget ;) she was excited though bless her and how can you take that away from your sister in law?? she says she wants to show me a traditional asian wedding ;)

As for the big show stopper I told you they had bought my mehndi outfit, well that isnt really the case and I think this is where her panicing is for. So I will be wearing... wait for it... my mother in laws wedding lengha skirt (red) and they are having a shirt and duputta made to match the designs on the skirt. How amazing is that?? I nearly cried, I definately filled up!!! to be given the opportunity it feels like she is wishing our marriage be as strong and successful as theirs and also feels like such a big acceptance from her too. I dont know if she thought about this when they decided to do it or what.. maybe Im thinking to much into it, but it MUST be a big deal for her too. Get this... they were worried I wouldnt like the idea because it wasnt brand new.. masha'Allah. Im so looking forward to seeing it and I told hubby I would like to pass this on to our daughter too insha'Allah... they can design their own top to fit with the fashion at the time.. but in Pakistan the lengha skirt it always going to be traditional. Allahu alim :D

Thats all the updates at the moment.. we fly the beginning of next week, yeh you read right!! less than a week to go insha'Allah. We are all packed and just finding out last minute things but if there is anymore news Ill let you all know :)
Peace and salams
Ammena

4 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah, all sounds so fabulous and your in-laws sound just lovely!
    xx Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you sis! Insha'Allah you will enjoy your time there and getting to visit with your "new" family. :-) May Allah bless you and your husband, amin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how exciting, mashallah family sounds lovely, inshallah you have a safe trip and a fab time, cant wait to hear about it.xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed