22 May 2011

The beginning

ok.. so Im starting to go through my diary and Ill start by filling you in on the journey leading up to the holiday

March 26th 2011 (Although I just realised I wrote 2010 on the page lol)

3 more sleeps and with the constant calls from the in-laws every day brings a new rush of emotions. From A's party preparations to using ami's wedding skirt to hearing the different tone of abus voice. It all makes me feel so nervous to think Im actually going to meet these people and share memories with them insha'Allah
Im most nervous about meeting ami, I worry she wont think Im good enough for her son, and the comunication barrier and my lack of desi cooking skills will make her wish for someone different for him. I pray this isnt the case and I pray we can find a way to communicate somehow.
I look forward to relaxing with A and pray her english skills are as good as hubby says. I hope her problems when I speak with her on the phone are just because she isnt used to me. I visualise me plaiting L's hair as we all talk with each other as a family, the sisters I never had, the closeness and bonding that I never had.
There are still so many things to pack but effort is not needed, I just want to be there now and finish these thoughts
XX

March 28th 2011 (10 again lol)

Getting everything finally sorted, hubby is finishing tidying up and I've just put the millionaires shortbread in the fridge to set the chocolate. Will break it into pieces before we leave tomorrow, still need to take out money but hubby will take out some tonight and we can get the rest tomorrow.
Was feeling very ill at work today, broke out in spots, everyone thinks its nerves. I pray so!!
Just looking forward to getting on the plane now, hubby thinks we are leaving too early but I would rather be there too early than too late. I hope we dont forget anything, I always have this feeling that I will forget something. As long as I have my passport and money I will be fine insha'Allah
Ok more things need doing so, until tomorrow
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed