4 July 2011

April 15th

Quiet day. Electricity was on and off all day today, so we tried to get the photos selected but they had the same problem so it couldnt be done.
We eventually decided to head to the jewellers, I dont know why but I wanted to sort out my charms anyways. It was better than sitting around! As we wandered around the market we picked up some hair bands for me because yes Im still waiting to get back the stuff I left at the beauty parlour the night of the walimah. Got a nice hijab pin too and then we went looking at scarves while everyone else was at the jewellers. We decided on a few but wanted to come back with ami to get a better price so headed off to join them. They were looking at a ring A liked when we were last here for bhai to buy for her. While there I show chilli tomato the 2 rings that I had noticed that time. It was mentioned that bhai wanted to buy something for me, it felt very weird, I asked why. I wasnt answered! In the end it was decided that we would buy the ring but he would pay for the charms. We also didnt buy the scarves as he was asking too much, ami thinks he heard me talking.. but what can I do when hubby asks me questions??
On the way home we picked up amis frame, it was wrapped up but Chilli had seen it before they wrapped it and said it looked really nice, will give it to them when Abu is home.
Then we got dropped off at the photo shop again to pick the photos. He kept choosing ones for us that we didnt like which was really annoying, just one more person pushing their views!! The software he had to change things is pretty cool. I hope it will look ok. Then they told hubby it would take 15 days!! I dont know why this wasnt asked before but they reckon it will be ready for the time we leave.
We decided to walk back, picked up some chips and hubby got a burger from a shop he used to go to as a school kid. The owner recognised him straight away which was nice. Then we got a ride in the rickshaw back to the house which was fun.
Early night, beach tomorrow insha'Allah

1 comment:

  1. Salams sis,

    My BIL always wants to buy stuff for me too, it does feel a bit odd but for the family it is perfectly normal. He always says I am his sister, and that is why he buys stuff for me. Tariq will do the same for his brother's wife sometimes.

    This is part of the reason I no longer feel weird wearing the niqab while shopping, I can just lean a bit closer to Tariq or whoever is my translator for the trip and whisper my requests to them. No one can see my lips move and know I am not speaking Urdu!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed